TAP Hope Fest FAQ
1. What time does the park open, close, and where is it located?
a. Elmwood Park Amphitheater is located at 706 S. Jefferson Street in downtown Roanoke, Virginia. Please enter through the gate at Franklin Road. Click here for map.
b. Park and amphitheater will open at 3:00pm.
c. The park will close at 11 p.m. Music will end no later than 10:30 p.m. The event schedule can be viewed here.
d. NOTE: This event is a rain or shine event!
2. Where do I get tickets?
a. Tickets may be purchased for $35 at taphopefest.com until July 1 at 2 p.m. After this date and time, while they last, tickets will be available for purchase with cash or credit at the Franklin Road entrance to Elmwood Park starting at 3 p.m. for $45.
b. Pick up tickets:
- At early will call from 10 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Williamson Road entrance to the park (we highly recommend this option!), or
- Starting at 3:00 p.m. at the Franklin Road entrance to the park.
3. Where do I park?
Free parking will be available in the Elmwood Park garage on Williamson Road. There are several other garages that are free on weekends throughout the downtown area, as well as limited street parking.
4. What do I do when I get to the park?
a. Enter through our main entrance at Franklin Road through one of these lines (lines will be labeled:
Express lane for those who have physical tickets
Will call (for those who have paid, but do not have physical tickets)
Cash purchase line
Card purchase line
b. Purchase Beer tickets with cash inside the park at designated tents. These tickets are to be used at the beer serving stations and trucks. Please remember to bring cash for the tickets.
c. Find a seat and get ready for the show!
5. Can I bring my own alcohol?
No. All outside alcoholic beverages are prohibited in Elmwood Park. We will have a nice array of local and other beers both on draft and in cans.
6. Can I bring a cooler of food and drinks?
No outside food or beverages are allowed in Elmwood Park. We have great food vendors this year with a diverse selection to satisfy all tastes.
7. What can I bring into the park?
- Feel free to bring lawn chairs, sunscreen, and hats. NOTE: Chairs are allowed, but please keep in mind that amphitheater seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. We are expecting a large crowd on Saturday, so come early if you would like to secure a place for your chair.
- Rain gear, in case it does rain. This is a rain or shine event.
- Backpacks, bags, and other items are subject to search.
8. Will there be food and drinks?
a. Yes. We will have lots of food vendors, and snack vendors stationed throughout the park for the entirety of the event. Non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase from our food vendors.
b. We will have 2 beer trucks with beer on draft and a beer tent with canned alcoholic beverages.
9. Are children allowed at this event?
Yes, and children 12 and under get in free. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times, even while in the kids activity area.
10. Guest Conduct
We hope that everyone has a great time at TAP Hope Fest! Anyone who behaves in a way that disrupts other guests at the event will be reported to authorities and possibly be asked to leave the event.
11. What do I do if there is an emergency?
Security, police, and medical personnel will be on standby at the park.
12. Will there be special accommodations for disabled individuals?
The amphitheater has wheelchair-accessible seating.
13. What if I have other questions during the event?
Find someone wearing a blue-green (aqua) shirt with the Hope Fest logo on it. These are Hope Fest volunteers who will answer your questions or find someone else who can.
14. Can patrons re-enter the park?
Yes, as long as you have your wristband on still you may re-enter the park. We will not replace broken or lost wristbands.
15. How can I stay connected to the latest news about TAP Hope Fest?
Please visit our Facebook event page and click "going" to receive instant updates to the latest news about this event.
16. I heard there will be a raffle at this event. How do I find out more?
We have an amazing raffle this year thanks to our generous sponsors! You can purchase raffle tickets for $5 each at the TAP tent located near the Elmwood Park amphitheater entrance on July 2 starting at 3 p.m.